Friday, June 25, 2010

Investing for the future

I read an article today that made me think about my current financial situation. I love articles like this because they put everything in simplest terms and bring the right focus and perspective on things.

In a future post [hopefully this weekend] I will do some of the math for myself, and then forward all of the information for you all so see, I'm sure that you'll find the information encouraging.

This article tells readers to save by "acting like your poor". Not a bad idea considering the times in which we currently live where it seems that all families are over-extending themselves on credit into a trapping and spiraling financial oblivion with no end in sight, no feasible plans for the future [and likely no contingency plan to their non-plans :) kinda not funny :/ ]

Everytime I read an article like this I'm reminded of the statistic [and I'm not quite sure if it's still true, but what the hell] 98% of person whom reach the age of 65 are not financially ready for retirement and rely on financial support from kids/ grandkids and other family until they die. Ironically, and completely unrelated, MENSA only accepts persons in the top 2% of intellect. There might be a method behind the madness to shooting towards being the best and being responsible. Just a thought.

I don't know about you, but I'm shooting for the top 2% Here's The Original Article

No comments: