Thursday, June 24, 2010

Billionaires; Agriculture; Investment; Organic Foods...

Ok I was just brainstorming and this idea popped into my head. I was thinking along the line of why are all the billionaires pledging to give up half their money? Where is it going? What programs or purposes will their moneies serve?

I know I need to do my research on this, but I'm just thinking...

Wouldn't it be nice if just 3 "Billionaires" decided to relinquish $1 billion dollars each (total $3 billion dollars for you non-math whizzes out there :) towards the purchase of land for organic farms across the United States?

Now I'm not a tree-hugger, nor am I an organic food freak, but I do know that the current farming practices are not healthy for any of us Americans whom consume those foods.

It would be nice if I could travel 5 miles down the road and get fresh eggs, and pick my vegetables, select non-roided chickens, and buy beef that is fresh, grass-fed and non-hormonized [I know those are not words] But do you agree with me that it would be nice to not be subjugated by large federally subsidized farming institutions and adversely start passing legislation that would encourage further organic farming practices and put the profits into local economies versus large poorly run organizations that don't care about the consumers or the quality of the products they are producing. [What an EPIC run-on sentence!] Just a thought.

No comments: